Welcome to the Outsprite Changelog! This is where you'll find a chronological record of all the updates, improvements, and bug fixes made to the platform.
To actively get updated on new changes, you can join the Discord community server.
Trackpad support for view movements
Trackpad is now supported to move the camera view around in the workspace.
- Added trackpad support for camera view movements.
- Added camera view movement with ArrowUp, ArrowDown, ArrowLeft, and ArrowRight.
macOS Icon Resource File as Target Format
Targets can now also be exported into the ICNS macOS icon resource file format.
- Added macOS icon resource file target format.
Windows Icon as Target Format
You can now export your targets as Windows icons in the ICO format.
- Added ICO Windows icon target format.
- Added a hexadecimal input to the color picker.
Experimental Target Formats
New output sprite format options are available to generate game assets for Browser Quest and Offlands.
- Added the ability to sort objects with drag and drop.
- Added fullscreen command, accessible with F11.
- Added experimental Browser Quest target format.
- Added experimental Offlands target format.
- Changed menu to show on hover instead of click.
- Changed export to only consider selected page.
Support Center & Sprite Commands Changes
Launching a new support center with an integrated keyboard shortcut overview, coupled with sprite creation commands improvements.
- In addition to existing social media channels, Outsprite is now on Twitter under @outspritehq.
- Added sprite creation commands with common sizes: 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64.
- Added an experimental wide view mode that collapses both sidebars. Toggle it with F10.
- Added single target download option to the context menu.
- Added a support center for guidance.
- Added a keyboard shortcut overview accessible under the Help menu for quick reference.
- Changed sprite creation shortcut to N.
- Changed the panning mode into a new hand tool, accessible with either Space or H.
- Changed the shortcut for the pointer tool to R.
Classic Bucket Filling Tool
Introducing the classic bucket tool as a new addition to the suite of drawing tools.
- Added the bucket filling tool, accessible using G.
A series of quality-of-life improvements have been added to provide better access to existing features.
- Added support for transparent backgrounds in targets.
- Added undo/redo on moving sprites, targets, and palettes.
- Added a View and Help menu in the header, incorporating existing commands.
- Added the ability to delete a page.
- Added context menus to editor views.
- Added zoom-in and zoom-out functionality with Ctrl + Plus and Ctrl + Minus.
- Changed the export header action to always display both export flows.
- Changed the location of the snap grid setting to the View menu.
- Changed the position of the mouse and zooming indicators to the top-right corner of the editing space.
- Changed the location of the brush settings to the right panel.
Local Browser Storage
Save your workspace to your local machine browser.
- Added the ability to save the workspace locally in the browser.
- Added toast notifications for undo/redo commands.
- Added alpha support in the color picker.
- Added undo/redo history for palette color changes.
- Added basic commands in the command palette with Ctrl + P.
- Added the ability to locate and focus on the selected object using Enter.
- Added the ability to rename a page.
- Removed the Add Page action from the right panel.
Undo Changes Made to any Object
Unwanted changes can now be undone and redone using standard shortcuts.
- Added undo and redo functionality with standard shortcuts.
- Added ZIP format support for exporting targets.
SVG as Target Format
Introducing Brush Settings
Fine-tune your drawing experience with adjustable brush sizes for both pencil and eraser tools.
- Added palette color section in all modes.
- Added brush size settings for both pencil and eraser tools.
- Added brush size control with mouse wheel + Ctrl.
- Added palette index control with mouse wheel + Alt.
- Added pencil tool preview.
- Changed object indicators to be hidden outside of the pointer mode.
- Changed pointer mode to be automatically activated when adding a sprite.
Launch of the Discord Community Server
Brand-new Discord server to engage, share, and collaborate with the community.
- Discord Community: Created a new Discord community server. This space is dedicated for sharing insights, asking questions, and actively participating in shaping the platform’s future.
Extra Target Options
The visualization of targets has been enhanced to support additional options and minimize ambiguity with sprite properties.
- Targets Visualization: Changed the visualization of targets to allow for expanded options and to reduce confusion with other sprite properties. This paves the way for forthcoming enhancements like background color.
- Added padding option for targets
Initial Outsprite Release
This is the initial release of the platform and includes basic sprite editing and export functionality.
- Added workspace with zooming and panning capabilities
- Added sprite drawing tools such as pencil and eraser
- Added palette generation from a sprite
- Added sprite indexing with a palette