Draw and Manage your Pixel Art Sprites in One Place
Use Outsprite as your art pipeline and handle all your game assets directly from your browser into your game engine.
What is Outsprite?
Discover how Outsprite simplifies your creative process by offering a comprehensive solution for creating, organizing, and storing pixel art and game assets, making it an essential sprite and pixel art creator.Learn more about Outsprite
Features and Roadmap
Outsprite is still in its early stage of development and new features are continually being added. Below are the main features currently available, along with some exciting ones that are planned for the near future.
- Import sprites from your computer.
- Export sprites as different targets in various formats.
- Store your workspace locally in your browser. New
- Work offline in your browser. Soon
- Sync your workspace to the Outsprite Cloud. Soon
- Pull game assets directly into your CI. Soon
- Publish directly to itch.io. Soon
- Export your assets with community-made custom plugins. Soon
- Draw with standard features such as the brush, erase, or bucket tools.
- Color your sprites using a predefined palette.
- Organize your sprites in multiple layers. Soon
- Draw with different shades defined by a color palette. Soon
- Generate normal maps of your sprites. Soon
- Live animation preview. Soon
- Animate multiple poses and directions of your sprites. Soon
Stay updated with the latest improvements and additions made to the platform. Check out the recent updates below!
Trackpad support for view movements
Trackpad is now supported to move the camera view around in the workspace.
macOS Icon Resource File as Target Format
Targets can now also be exported into the ICNS macOS icon resource file format.
Windows Icon as Target Format
You can now export your targets as Windows icons in the ICO format.
Experimental Target Formats
New output sprite format options are available to generate game assets for Browser Quest and Offlands.
Support Center & Sprite Commands Changes
Launching a new support center with an integrated keyboard shortcut overview, coupled with sprite creation commands improvements.